Like many other jobs that require interaction with the public, selling real estate involves some risk. The National Association of REALTORS® is committed to protecting its members and maintaining their personal safety. By educating REALTORS® about potential threats and providing them with resources to protect themselves, NAR can help REALTORS® stay safe.
September Is REALTOR® Safety Month
As part of NAR's ongoing efforts to keep its members safe, the Association dedicates September as REALTOR® Safety Month.
The REALTOR® Safety Webinar: Safety Tips to Share With Sellers, will take place on Sept. 9 at 1:00 p.m. CST. This free webinar is presented by Sergeant Preston Taylor and will discuss valuable advice and steps to share with your clients to help protect them against crime including:
· items that should be put away
· how thieves access personal info
· what thieves target at open houses and how to be prepared
· safety tips to remember before showing a property
REALTOR® Safety Site
NAR’s dedicated Safety pages offer a number of great resources to help members operate their businesses safely including:
· regularly occurring safety webinars
· safety-related articles in NAR’s publications, on its websites, and elsewhere
· presentations for managers available through REALTOR.org
· banners and widgets to display on websites
· other checklists and handouts for agents to share with clients and colleagues
Please email email@example.com if you have any further questions or suggestions regarding REALTOR® Safety.